March 29, 2010

Prosperous Plans

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I would say that I consider myself to be a planner. And in all my planning I am finding out that things don't always go according to plan. In fact I have seen all of my "planning" go down the drain in a matter of moments. So why even plan I've been asking myself lately? I know that my God has plans for me that always work for good. Then why is it so difficult for me to trust Him to work out the plans and why am I so surprised when He shares His goodness with me? Perhaps it is because it is not in MY timing? Perhaps that means my timing is not so grand. Hell-O, Elizabeth! A quote from Corrie ten Boom comes to mind, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all knowing God" (thanks, Rach!) Well, that's a lot easier said than done my friend.

I find myself at a cross road. Not particularly fond of making decisions that will change my life- I am very much aware that a decision has to be made. As decisions have been made before, I know what I must do; it's just doing it. Of course taking the path of self pity and wallowing in my own sorrow would be the easy thing to do. Jumping back into life again with both feet, not knowing exactly what is in the water but trusting that God will give me the strength to tread in tha
t water would be just a little more difficult. I still have time to decide, but deep down I know what has to be done. So where do my plans come into play with all of this? I'm quite tempted against all my designer and OCD instinct to toss my planning out the window and see where I end up. Nooooo- not in a careless kind of way! I'm not brainless (just for those of you that were wondering). But it is time to take that real step of faith. That blind faith that I've always wanted to have and perhaps the opportunity has just presented itself. Perhaps the plan WILL come together, just maybe not in the way I had planned that it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment