September 5, 2010

He is Listening

“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him,
that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask,
we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”
I John 5:14-15

My aunt reminded me today that we are just 3 ½ months away from Christmas! Yes, Christmas I said! As we draw near to the end of yet another year, I can’t help but reflect over the last 9 months and be awestruck by my awesome God’s faithfulness. I don’t think that I have ever had a year that had so many bad and good things that happened all at once and the year is not even over yet. Indeed, all things work together for good!!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I’d post in bits and pieces what all He was doing and once again, I have let more time pass than I would have preferred. But I’m gonna try and get a big picture recap in here as best I can. Here goes.

For those of you that want a quick bird’s eye view… Here’s how it all went down:
January- I left the corporate world and reduced my salary greatly.
February- I started my dream job of Nanning for a family.
March- I called off my wedding set for June.
June- I went on an amazing family vacation with the ENTIRE family.
July- I ended my dream job and entered back into the corporate world times two.
August- I was informed that my mom has been diagnosed with a liver disease with an unknown prognosis

And now for those of you that would like the details…
In January I left a pretty stable job (considering the state of the economy) in an effort to pursue the non-corporate lifestyle and begin my dream job of Nanning for a family. Well, maybe not dream job… because the dream would be for it to be my family, but it got me as close to that as I could get at the time. Just months later, I made the decision (or better stated it was revealed to me that it would be best ) to cancel my wedding that was set to take place in June. Call me crazy; and yes to outsiders it would seem to be not the smartest decision in the world considering I had just reduced my salary drastically with the career change and had no guarantee of re-entering the corporate world anytime soon. On March 5, however, I had an encounter with God like I had never experienced before. Did you know that all you have to do is ask and He will answer??? Let me say that again to make sure you got what I’m saying. ALL you have to do if you are a child of God is ASK your Father for what you need and He will GLADLY provide!! In my 23 years of being a believer, I was the Dumb A that had the resources and did not use them as they were intended. That is… until I was at a desperation that I had never experienced before. On that night, I had a conversation with God that I had never had before. We conversed for hours and as usual I would fight against what I knew was His truth. It was in this extreme desperation that I begged and pleaded Him to reveal the truth and if He did just that, I promised Him I would do whatever He wanted me to do.

During this time and for many months to come and even still to this day I ask Him to never let me be stupid enough to let Him leave my side again. Just a couple days later, the decision was made final and we proceeded with canceling the wedding contracts and lost many, many thousands of dollars. Naturally, some days were better than others and I would have to bring myself back to that night when I had my encounter with Him and would again ask Him to be my provider.

What?!?! Provide??? Who am I to think that He will not provide now when He has always provided before and even provided when I have not asked Him to??? Stay tuned to see how He has been providing in more ways than one the last several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment