May 1, 2011

Post Easter Week... A Real Look at the Meaning of Easter



I’m not gonna lie. It’s been a rough week. Ironically enough, it’s the week after Easter and Satan has attacked from all sides. He’s attacked my attitude, he’s attacked my relationships, he’s attacked my family, and he’s attacked my spirit. He’s doing his darndest to reek havoc in my life again. It didn’t hit me until this morning. I was ironing my pants and getting ready to go to church when I found myself thinking… This time last week it was Easter Sunday and I was feeling pretty good about life and where I stood with things. I was grateful for a God that had saved me from my ways that were slowing but surely killing me. Then I got to thinking again… What is different about THIS week and LAST week? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

I’m ashamed to admit that I had allowed myself to be consumed with my own drama this week and dismissed that fact that my God is RISEN and has promised to come back for me! How in the world in one weeks time I could forget that is beyond me! He was gracious enough to awaken me and spare me of the continuous lies that Satan will so willingly feed me. I’m going to try and do better on celebrating this amazing Truth everyday during the year and not just on Easter Sunday. And this is the true meaning of Easter… That we can live each and every day with the hope and expectation that we will be restored to glory with Him some day! Ahhhhh… Such a refreshing and simple truth He gives us!

No comments:

Post a Comment