February 14, 2015

Dad

“My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” –Unknown


On this Valentine’s Day when couples are celebrating their love for each other, I just want to take a quick minute to tell my dad thank you.

Thank you for taking me in as your own.
Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family.
Thank you for being there: day or night, rain or shine.  
Thank you for accepting me when I fail.
Thank you for cheering me on when I succeed.
Thank you for sacrificing and giving.
Thank you for protecting your community and your family.
Thank you for showing me how a man should treat his wife.
Thank you for being the solid foundation of our family.
Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is about.

Thank you for everything you have done and are still yet to do!

“A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.”

And thank you for setting the standard high! 

More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment