January 22, 2016

Fat and Happy

We've survived 4 weeks of marriage! How are we doing you might ask?

I've always heard that after you get married you may gain a few pounds... I guess because you are happy. And of course I always said, "that will never happen to me!" Just like I said I would never get married in December... Never say never.

Let me set the stage for you...

We were out shopping the other day. When I bent down to look at something on the bottom shelf- that's when I heard the rip. I was in denial. When I checked to make sure it was not MY pants that had ripped open I was wrong! Yes- it WAS my pants that had a hole ripped open. Wide. Open. Needless to say our next purchase was a set of bathroom scales! We cannot let this get out of control!

In the four weeks we have been married, we have learned much about each other. When you're not used to living with someone, especially of the opposite sex, there is much education to be had. Mark thought HE was normal and I thought I was normal, but what we're learning is that NEITHER of us is normal!

Mark is convinced that if I continue to loose the same amount of hair each day in the shower, that I will soon be in his situation with a bald head. I have assured him it is normal for females to loose a certain amount of hair. I also told him about  my dad's kind deed of unclogging my drains about once a year and how we always named the furry pet after it had been freed from the pipes. We have since purchased a drain protector.

And I think he is learning that when I make brownies he might want to tread along with a little more caution...

I am learning to laugh more and let the little things go. He's good at keeping me laughing. The other night I had on a little green sweat suit and he told me I looked like a ninja turtle. I'm not sure why, but that just cracked me up. Maybe because he said it so matter of factly. I love it when he makes me laugh!

We are both learning that as much as you can love someone, they can just as much irritate the snot out of you. But somehow you keep loving them. I heard a quote once that went something like: "I'd kill you if I wouldn't miss you so much." Truth. Enough said.

Overall, we are getting fat and are happily married. We've already started learning so much about each other and have so much more to learn. But in a nutshell, there's no one else I'd rather do life with!

For now, we are headed on our long awaited honeymoon!

More later!  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete