June 25, 2018

Rescued and Redeemed



I’ve been thinking lately…

About the difference between a rescue mission and a recovery mission.

In a rescue mission the effort is geared toward bringing someone back that has a chance at life. In a recovery mission the effort is geared toward bringing someone back that does not have a chance at life.

Thankfully, our Father is always on a search and rescue mission. He is never out to just  recover a dead soul- He is out to rescue and redeem. How comforting is that? As long as we are his children, we will always have the promise of an abundant life. I, as I’m sure all of us do, have friends and family that are missing- Missing out on the abundant life of the kingdom. And I am ever so thankful that my Father is out on a rescue mission for the souls of those I love. I do not have to wonder if they will be recovered having a chance at life. I know they will be recovered with the chance to have their life revived and renewed.

This, my friends, affects the reality we have as believers.

While there is never a rescue without risks, once we have an understanding of the reality we have as His children, we can face those risks head on with confidence.

Stay tuned for more thoughts on how we can live in the Real Reality and what that does for our lives here on earth.

In the meantime, set out on a rescue mission giving those that are lost souls a chance at redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment