April 14, 2010

Why My Heart Sings

Life has been somewhat of a whirlwind, chaotic, and overwhelming lately. I want to take some time to just sit back and remind myself of the simple things that make my heart sing.

* Seeing something new in something that is old.
* Seeing God work in someone's life and watching them realize it is God.
* Sitting by the lake and doing absolutely nothing. And seeing Hallie (my dog) get excited because she knows we are getting ready to go to the lake.
* Experiencing when God answers my prayer above an beyond what I have asked for.This shouldn't surprise me, but sometimes I am awe struck by His goodness.
* Standing next to my little brother that is a full 6 inches taller than me. It makes me feel safe.
* Getting a bouquet of flowers for absolutely no reason at all.
* Watching God work out the smallest detail in my life. You know- the ones you think He doesn't care or even know about.
* Having an amazingly productive day and still enjoying time for myself.
* Laughing with my sister to the point of rolling in the floor simply because we don't know what is so funny.
* Experiencing a faithful God when I am unfaithful and undeserving of what He's given me.
* Finding a ridiculously great sale.
* Relationships that have shaped and changed my life.
* Knowing that I have a Father that loves me so much He sent His only son to die for me.
* Chocolate iced, cream filled, Krispy Kreme donuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment