December 13, 2014

Broken Part 1

If you know me, you know this year has been a tough one. Full of change. In too many areas for my comfort. And I’m breaking. Not fully broken, but in the process of being gently shattered.

But fear not! In order to be made whole you must first break.

I found myself in the worst possible place for a breaking (Christian) woman to be: a room full of fellow (Christian) women. *Gasp*

Don’t deny it. You know what it feels like. To be surrounded by women that appear to have it all together while your life falls apart. They are all smiles, hair perfectly set, children well behaved, make up perfectly applied, handsome husbands at side, clothes perfectly ironed, and nails beautifully manicured. I used to be that woman that appeared to have it all together.

A friend of mine asked me if I was coming to this particular (Christian) women’s event. And while I really, REALLY didn’t want to be around a bunch of (Christian) women while in this process of being broken and self-aware of my extreme sensitivity, I felt a tug on my heart to go to this particular event with other (Christian) women.

*Delayed disclaimer: You too will be sick of (Christian) women by the end of this post!*

And what do ‘ya know?  I attend this event and He slowly breaks me just a little more. Right there surrounded by all those well put together- yep, you got it- (Christian) women! During this season of breaking I’ve been soaking in Ellie Holcomb’s, The Broken Beautiful. ‘Ya know when a song just speaks to your heart and gives you the little speck of hope you are groaning for? 

You can listen to it here at this link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOXrY4BHMA. Yea- sit on that for awhile.

Let me brag on Him a little and tell you that I got to experience a live performance by the great Ellie Holcomb herself. Be jealous. Yes, at this event that I dreadfully attended He was so sweet to give me a kiss and open the event with a live performance from the artist singing “my song.”  Talk about broken. I was undone and He had my attention. There IS a greater purpose amongst all the pain and He is right here by my side through it all.

More to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment