December 16, 2014

Tickled


After several heavy posts it’s about time for a bit of a light hearted conversation so I’ll humor you with some conversation that took place tonight and got me a little tickled.

Persons present: Myself, Peyton Anne, Russell, and Nathan
Relationship explanation: Myself, Peyton Anne and Russell- Siblings;
                                              Nathan- Peyton Anne’s fiancé
Lets set the stage: Gathered in Russell’s bedroom, his sisters are giving him some job hunting advise. Maybe the advise was asked for and maybe it wasn’t. I’ll leave that to your imagination. Nathan enters after a night at work serving tables with a hard earned catfish dinner from the good ‘ole Cracker Barrel.

The conversation went like this:

Nathan: (directed toward Russell) “Is it okay if I eat in your room?”

Russell: “Sure, dude. I don’t care.”

Elizabeth: (as Nathan appears to dig into dinner with his bare hands) “Ummmm… do you have utensils for that?”

Nathan: (as he has a puzzled look on his face and looks in the bag) “Why yes I DO!”

Elizabeth: “Ok. Good. I thought you were just going to dig in with your hands there.”

Nathan: (in his humble, innocent voice) “Just let me know if I’m being too loud.”

Peyton Anne: (immediately and referring to his smacking) “Yes, you need to be quiet!”

Myself: (referring to his talking) “Yes, you need to shhhhh!” (followed by my hand motion to shut it)   

Myself: (guilt sets in for the abruptness of our response to his innocent concern of interrupting us) “Are you SURE you’re going to be able to handle us?”

Nathan: (after a pause of hesitation in how to answer the question) “Ummmmm… We’ll find out, but it looks like Russell has survived.”

Russell: “And THAT is a feat!”

A little later…. I am gathering my things to head home for the evening.

Peyton Anne: “Wait, don’t leave yet! I GOT A GIFT FOR YOU!”

After running down the stairs to catch me before I left, she presents me with a book.

Peyton Anne: (with extreme excitement) “Here! It’s a book! It was in the free bin at McKays and looked like one of those self help books you like to read so I thought you might like it!”

Myself: (not sure if it’s really a gift or if she’s trying to tell me I really DO need help) “Ummmm… ok. Thanks?”

Nathan: (yelling from the other room in the background) “At least tell her it was 50 cents!”

I proceed to read the back of the book and we discuss if this is a book I should read or if it is a “quack” book. Everyone collectively agrees I do NOT need to read a quack book and that I have enough quackers quacking in my head right now due to the tough past 12 months.

My future brother-in-law (that I previously hushed with my hand motions) ever so kindly does a quick google on the author and we decide it is not a “quack” book.

So a big thanks to the sis for another self-help book to add to my collection!

And to the fellows in my life that get me laughing when its been a tough thing to do lately.


I’m tickled each of you are in my life! *quack, quack*

No comments:

Post a Comment